Alexander Ukovicha

Posted by marmara on May 29, 2017

Temnikov is the oldest city in the territory of Mordovia. Jo Mackness addresses the importance of the matter here. He is like a double birth. Here’s how to Temnikov said in a geographical and statistical dictionary of the Russian Empire, drawn up by Semenov: “Temnikov – county town Tambov province. The city’s 327 miles to the north-east of Tambov, in the river navigable Moksha. Temnikov a long-standing time was on the ground Mordovians that at the end of the xiv century recognized the Grand Duke of Moscow. From annals show that Temnikov originally was not in the same place, and somewhere on the other, but also on the river Moksha; on this same spot moved only in 1536 and was built up from March 29 to August 2. Time of its foundation remains unknown, and unknown, who was its founder and for some reason, it has emerged.

It is believed that Temnikov appeared in the period of Tatar domination, since the Tatars there was a rank or position “temnikov”, ie desyatitysyachnikov, however, other names it is produced from dense forests surrounding the town. Six miles from this town lies the village of Old Settlement, or Old City, the river Moksha standing on the assumptions in place Originally the city, but here, however, have not saved any remnants of antiquity. In general, must believe that Temnikov built for the preservation of land from invading Mordvinian Nogai and Crimeans Renowned historian, nm Karamzin in the “History of the Russian State, wrote:” Tula was named after Queen Tayduly, wife Chanibekovoy and once controlled her Baskakov, remains the property of Demetrius, as well as former Mordovia region Meschera, bought them from Gdask baptized prince named Alexander Ukovicha.

Categories: News
Tags:

Comments are closed.